Ugh, look at this blog...so abandoned *sad emoticon*
I blame Tumblr. Mostly because I´ve got one . Press Reblog on a image you like is way easier than get out of bed when you´re trying to fall asleep to write the awesome (or just weird) ideas that came up to your head.
Anyway blog, I haven´t forgotten you and here´s an update. One of the weird ones.
Was wondering through Wikipedia´s entry for Iceland...it´s just like a short fairy tale. Look:
- Volcanically and geologically active. Plenty of glaciers and lava fields. And fjords.
- 14th most developed country.
- Despite its extreme latitude it´s not as cold as some countries in a similar latitude.
- The only native land mammal when humans arrived there was the Arctic Fox. They look like this .
- Their biggest city - and capital - Reykjavík has as many people as my hometown...and I´m a small town boy.
- Portugal is the 10th country with more foreign people living in Iceland. We are everywhere. And in good number.
- Highest number of bookstores per capita in the world.
- 10% of the population will publish a book. This is 10% of...319,575 people.
- Music from Iceland: Björk, Sigur Rós, Of Monsters and Men...and Emilíana Torrini (whoa, she isn´t Italian?! I was wrong all this time!)
- For its size, football (women) and handball (both) are quite good.
- Rather than using family names, Icelanders use patronymics and matronymics. e.g. Elísabet Jóndottir ("Elisabet, Jon´s daughter") / Ólafur Katrínarson (Ólafur, Katrín´s son")